15 July 2013

All You Need is Love

Cirque du Soleil @ the Mirage
Sunday night, my family and I attended the Cirque du Soleil Beatles' LOVE show at the Mirage. Needless to say, I've wanted to watch this show for quite some time now; so when my mom said we'd be watching it, I was incredibly excited.

The show was awe-inspiring and defied the laws of gravity, my goodness. It was honestly one of the most nerve-wracking experiences being an audience member. Just watching the aerial acrobatics; and all the tricks and jumps and stunts. It's truly amazing what a human being is capable of doing. 

Though, the real magic had to be the music and musicians that inspired the show. 



One of my biggest pet peeves is when my dad or any member of the older generations denounce today's music, telling me: "you don't know real music." It irritates me so much because it's assuming that my musical taste is limited. It definitely isn't because my taste ranges from classical to Elvis to Motown to Frank Sinatra to MJ to One Direction. And of course, the Beatles! I will literally listen to anything and try to get a feel for it before deciding I don't like it.

I'm able to appreciate all types of music, which I believe is a great trait to have.
Sweet Serendipity: Deep Fried Oreo Sundae

After the show ended, we had appetizers and dessert at Serendipity. My sister and I's favourite is the Deep Fried Oreo Sundae. Mmmmmmmm.


It was a good night being a tourist in the town I've called home for so long now.