20 May 2013

Adventure-time



Summer has snuck up on me like the cheeky little devil it is, and what better way to kick off a summer than with your best friend and an endless array of possible adventures?

I wrapped up my finals and second year of university this past Thursday, as did my Duo Angela. So, with 4 of her friends from church, a packed trunk and car, lust for adventure, and excitement for spontaneity, it would be a best friend weekend with me, so I thought.

It turned into something that I couldn't have imagined for myself, something that took me by surprise, made me exhausted and placed me outside my comfort zone, but something that showed me how to roll with the punches. I'm generally open-minded, until someone pushes their beliefs or opinions down my throat. That makes me extremely uncomfortable. But once I can get past what is only their love and passion for something, it's a beautiful thing when we can embrace our differences and still have a wonderful time together. Isn't that what life is all about?

Anyways, what this past weekend's adventure entailed was an overnight campout by the beach in Carlsbad, kayak/snorkel tour in La Jolla, and hardly any sleep whatsoever.

We began on Friday afternoon, in Pacific Beach. The majority of the group had not yet been to San Diego, so as the local (eep!) I thought of what spots would be the must-go places for those who have been deprived of the Californian laid-back lifestyle... THE BEACH.

Then, we were off to our campsite where we'd be until noon the next day. 




I would definitely recommend this campsite to any family, youth group, retirees. I saw plenty of them. It was an amazing experience, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. We also had a bonfire and cookout at night, but I was not in the mood to be taking pictures then...

So, after check-out at noon, we headed out to La Jolla. We had lunch at the cutest FRENCH restaurant, which I will most likely go to again. And then our tour at 3!



I actually have my first vlog ever, and I will include the link right here: First vlog! Be easy on me, I've never done anything like this before! But I've been inspired by the YouTube crew of JacksGap, FunForLouis, Zoella, PointlessBlog, and everyone else to start filming my own. I promise they will improve over time! Stay tuned!

Then, to end a crazy long day in the sun and ocean, we just watched the sunset on the beach (before driving over to Sprinkles Cupcakes and heading back to my grandparents' house.)



And on Sunday, the Vegas kids left to go on their own last SD adventure before heading back home.

Overall, it was a great weekend. It was almost like a church retreat, which I wasn't expecting. However, it is what you make it, and I ended up having an amazing time with whom I hope to call new friends.