07 April 2013

The Happiest Place on Earth

For my sister's 16th birthday, the family and I ventured to the original Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney's Disneyland. My sister teases me that I was the one who really wanted to go there for her birthday, and not the other way around. But I mean, it's Disney! Who wouldn't want to celebrate their birthday there? Hey, I am pondering a birthday visit myself. Already experiencing Disney withdrawals.

We started our Disney adventure Thursday night with dinner at Downtown Disney. 

Then, all-day Friday was spent at Disney's California Adventure.




And Saturday, Janelle's birthday, we spent at Disneyland.




I had such a great time with my parents and sister. Anaheim was a bit nippy, especially at night (and because we stood in the soak zone for the World of Color), but the crowds and lines were tolerable. Also, doing the 2-day, 1-park way was so much better than park-hoppers. My friend suggested that and I'm so glad we took her advice.

Disneyland is sincerely the Happiest Place on Earth. I'm literally counting down the days until I go back! I just want to meet Aladdin. When we went to Aladdin's Oasis, only Princess Jas and Genie were there meeting people. HOWEVER, during the parade, all the way from the top of his float, Prince Ali saw my tiara, winked, and blew a kiss at me. It was definitely a highlight of the entire two days.


I miss you already, Disneyland.